Terms & Conditions
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- General Terms and Conditions
- Your Account
- User Content
- Review of Submissions
- User Conduct
- No Endorsement
- Our Right to Use User Content
- Transmitting Materials
- Product Availability
- Advice and Beauty Profile
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Account Termination
- Third Party Websites and Links
- Third Party Merchants
- Advertisements, Sponsorships, Co-Promotions and Other Partnerships
- Use of Software (Including Mobile Application)
- Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law; General Information
- Notices [GE1]
Additional fees for accessing and using the Internet remain at your charge.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Us and any person acting on Our behalf harmless from any liability related in any way with the User Content.
Said User Content shall be authorized for all in-house or external, corporate or financial communication purposes, advertising, and for all public relations, historical or archival purposes, of L’Oréal S.A. or its affiliates, its products and/or its brands, particularly on the following media:
- Posting in all format, in unlimited quantity;
- The written press, unlimited number of publications;
- Publishing, unlimited number of publications, particularly publishing for purposes of in-house communication, including sales force and distribution network (wholesalers, retailers, agents, etc.), events, leaflets for congresses, tradeshows, stands, etc.;
- B-to-B communication, in the professional press, for an unlimited number of publications and/or quantities;
- Electronic, IT, digital, multimedia, Internet and Intranet publishing, via any websites (whatever the website and/or medium, including social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat or Instagram), unlimited number of inserts and broadcasts;
- Via any advertising media (including by way of advertising at retail outlets and on the L’Oréal S.A. brand
You also agree that We and Our affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Content you send to Us for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, services and content using such information, without any credit, notice, approval or compensation to you.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not copy, modify, distribute or otherwise use the User Content that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it on the Site. We and Our affiliates are not responsible for any user's misuse or misappropriation of any User Content you post on the Site.
This authorization gives Us the possibility to adapt your Content as initially fixed and/or make any such clarification to the User Content as We may consider useful, provided that the User Content shall not alter your image or words.
Further, the use of User Content may come with such anonymized information as your city, country or age, and/or, if you expressly authorized it, information allowing your identification such as your first name, or your alias.
- USER CONDUCT. By posting User Content in or otherwise using any communications service or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Site from time to time, you agree that you are the sole responsible person and/or entity from which such User Content originated. You also agree that the User Content is a true and accurate expression of your honest belief based on use of Our products and that you have and will disclose receipt of any free product or incentives in exchange for providing User Content.
If you become aware of any such User Content as may condone crimes against humanity, incite racial hatred and/or violence, or relate to child pornography, you shall immediately notify Us at the following email address at PrivacyCanada.CACORP@loreal.com, or by sending a detailed letter to the following address 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7, specifying in your email/letter the date on which you discovered said content, your identity, the URL, description of the disputed content and the user ID of the author thereof.
- NO ENDORSEMENT. We do not control the User Content posted on the Site and, as such, We make no representations or warranties regarding User Content or its truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, integrity or quality. We do not determine whether User Content violates the rights of others, and We have no control over whether User Content is of a nature that you or other users may find offensive. User Content includes the opinions, statements and other content of third parties, not us. You acknowledge and agree that the information and views expressed by you and other users in User Content appearing on the Site do not necessarily reflect Our views or those of Our content providers, advertiser, sponsors, affiliated or related entities, and We do not support or endorse any User Content or any other content posted by you or any other user on or otherwise accessible through the Site. We do not assume, and expressly disclaim, any obligation or liability with respect to User Content and no confidential or fiduciary understanding or relationship is established by Our receipt or acceptance of any such materials.
This permission also grants Us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable right to use your video(s), photo(s) and/or other content posted online (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or other platform) in addition to those you have tagged with any of Our brands’ campaign hashtag together with your social media handle, social media user name, profile picture, caption and location information you may have included in your content in any media.
- TRANSMITTING MATERIALS. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site may involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings or other information submitted by you or other users of the Site.
You agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of the Site or the User Content or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of the Site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk electronic mail or communications. You may not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Us in Our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypass any measures We may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or portions thereof (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; or (vi) harvest or scrape any content from the Site.
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY The availability of the products and services described on the Site, and the descriptions of such products and services, may vary based on location and timing.
- ADVICE AND BEAUTY PROFILE The advice provided on this Site and/or the tools made available to define your beauty profile are merely simulations intended for obtaining expert cosmetics advice.
The information We deliver are for strictly indicative purposes and shall in no event replace a medical diagnosis or clinical consultation, nor be substituted for a medical treatment.
Accordingly, We cannot guaranty your entire satisfaction with the advice that results from the use of such tools and assume no liability for any use you may make thereof.
For any further information or in the event of doubt, We recommend that you consult your physician.
- COOKIES Cookies are small files that are left on your device while you browse the Site (such as the pages looked up, the date and time of such access, etc.) and which may be read whenever your access the same Site.
- CONTESTS. This Site may, from time to time, contain contests that offer prizes or that require you to submit material or information about yourself. Each contest has its own rules, which you must read and agree to before you may enter.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. The Site, and all of its contents, including but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, including musical compositions and sound recordings, software, logos, titles, characters, names, graphics and button icons, excluding User Content (collectively “Proprietary Material”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of Canada, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Proprietary Material is owned or controlled by Us or by other parties that have provided rights thereto to Us.
In the event that We make a Site available to you which enables you to edit a picture (especially in order to virtually test a cosmetic), you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Site shall be only for your own private use in compliance with its intended purpose. You shall not be authorized to make any such use of this Site as may be detrimental to the honor, repute or rights of any third parties.
- ACCOUNT TERMINATION. We may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate your account for the Site and any or all affiliate websites if you are a repeat infringer. If you believe that a user is a repeat infringer, you shall immediately notify Us at the following email address CACORP@loreal.com, or by sending a detailed letter to the following address 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7. Please provide information sufficient for Us to verify that the user is a repeat infringer.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND LINKS. You may be able to link to third party sites, services or resources on the Internet from the Site, and third party sites, services or resources may contain links to the Site (collectively, “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, services or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein, and Our inclusion of links to the Linked Sites on the Sites does not imply that We endorse or approve of any materials contained on, or accessible through, the Linked Sites. In no event shall We be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person or entity for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed through these Linked Sites.
- THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS. The Site may enable you to order and receive products, information and services from businesses that are not owned or operated by us. The purchase, payment, warranty, guarantee, delivery, maintenance, and all other matters concerning the merchandise, services or information, opinion or advice ordered or received from such businesses are solely between you and such businesses. We do not endorse, warrant, or guarantee such products, information, or services, and are not liable for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such information or the quality of availability of such products or services. We will not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of such products, services, or information, or for ensuring the confidentiality of your transactions.
- ADVERTISEMENTS, SPONSORSHIPS, CO-PROMOTIONS AND OTHER PARTNERSHIPS. We may display advertisements for the goods and services of a third party on the Site, including in connection with co-promotions, sponsorships and other similar partnership arrangements. We do not endorse or represent and are not responsible for the safety, quality, accuracy, reliability, integrity or legality of any such advertised goods or services.
- EVENTS. You may be invited or asked to attend events We sponsor or events held by other members and users of the Site, which are not in any way associated with Us (collectively, “Events”). Your participation in any Events is at your own risk and you agree to release and hold Us, Our subsidiaries, agents, distributors and affiliates, and Our officers, directors and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, any injury or death to you or your minor children or wards, resulting from attending the Events or participation in any activities available at the Events.
We may automatically check your version of the software and update it to improve its performance and capabilities. If you shut down the software during an automatic update or otherwise interfere with the installation of the update, the software may be damaged and/or cease to operate.
If the software is a mobile application, it shall be delivered solely via electronic download from App Store or Google Play (the “Platform”). You may download from the Platform (i) a copy of the software and (ii) install it on the device as per the instructions provided during the installation and/or posted on the Platform. The installation and use of the software require a compatible device with an Internet connection. The following operating systems are compatible: iOS and Android. You shall bear exclusive liability for any operation related to the required device, as well as any telecommunication expenses incurred in connection with the installation of, access to and downloading of, the software. Your operator may charge you additional expenses for accessing the Internet from your device. We shall bear no liability for any network or roaming costs in connection with the software updates.
- DISCLAIMER. VISITORS TO THE SITE AGREE THAT THEIR USE OF, AND RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH, THE SITE IS AT THEIR OWN SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS AND THE LIKE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE CONTENT OF THE SITE; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES AS TO ANY LINKED SITES AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF SUCH SITES. IN SOME INSTANCES, CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE MAY REPRESENT THE OPINIONS AND JUDGMENTS OF PROVIDERS OR USERS, SUCH AS USER CONTENT. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DO NOT ENDORSE NOR SHALL WE OR THEY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE ON THE SITE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN OUR AUTHORIZED EMPLOYEES ACTING IN SUCH CAPACITY.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES CAUSED BY THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE DAMAGES OR INJURIES OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF: (1) ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DELETION, OR DEFECT IN THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, OR (2) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, DEFAMATION, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE: (1) THAT ANY PORTION OF THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANYTHING ELSE MANIFESTING CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; OR (2) THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU (AND NOT WE OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF ANY PERSON SUBSCRIBING OR USING THE SITE. THEREFORE, WE DECLINE ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WASTED EXPENDITURE, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES, OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO: (i) THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS OR ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON, ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM (INCLUDING FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM) ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN, OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF, THE SITE OR THE LINKED SITES, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR LINKED SITES, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, OR OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS ARE AWARE OR SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME PROVINCES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH PROVINCES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMIZING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR FOR DISPUTES AGAINST US OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE DEEMED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT YOUR LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ANY INDEMNITY GIVEN BY YOU UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW; GENERAL INFORMATION. The Site is intended for the enjoyment of residents of Canada and We control and operate it from Our offices in the Province of Quebec, Canada. Visitors acknowledge that the Site, and all activities available on and through the Site, are governed by the laws of Canada and the laws of the Province of Quebec. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
Please feel free to contact Us via one of the methods described on Our Contact Us page, or send a letter to SHU UEMURA, 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7. You agree that We may send notices to you regarding your use of the Site by means of electronic mail, a general notice posted on the Site or by written communication delivered either by overnight courier or mail to your email or mailing address as appearing in Our records from time to time.